Professional Outdoor Lights Brings More Time Outside
Summer is a great time to spend outdoors enjoying family, friends and the weather. If you don’t want the fun to end when the sun goes down, it’s time to add some outdoor lighting. Nipper Electric has over 18 years of experience providing professional electrical services for the Virginia Beach area. We specialize in a wide range of electrical services including:
- Landscape Lighting
- Outdoor Security Lighting
- Pool and Hot Tub Lighting
- Repairs on lighting
- Lighting Upgrades
- Solar Lighting
For professional outdoor lighting in Virginia Beach, Nipper Electric has you covered. We can answer any of your questions. Call us today at 757-842-1710 for outdoor lighting or anything electrical.
Virginia Beach Landscape Lighting, Where to Start?
The right outdoor lights will make your space safe and inviting. Before you begin choosing lights for your outdoor spaces, begin by studying your home.
- Are there places you love but can’t enjoy at night?
- Do you have “too bright” lighting that glares and is hard to see past?
- Do you have lighting that is worn out or too dim?
- Are your pathways light well enough for walking?
When you take a look at your backyard or outdoor space you might find you need to make some changes, add some light or install updated lighting.
Perfect Lighting Installations for Every Home
Once you’ve decided what you want to light up, consider how you want to light the area. There are three main functions of outdoor lighting; Safety Lighting, Lighting for Entertainment and Feature Lighting. Each of these functions adds value and comfort to your home in different ways.
Lighting your home for safety includes adding lights to:
- Entrances and Exits
- Dim Areas of the Home to Deter Intruders
- Work Areas Like Grills or Work Benches
- Pools and Surrounding Areas
When safety lighting is added, you have fewer accidents and furnish your home with a sense of security. Outdoor lighting should be:
- Discreet– You want it to help light your home, not steal the spotlight from your home.
- Not too Bright. You don’t want to create darker areas.
- Rugged– The lights have to withstand weather and the elements.
Entertainment lighting includes adding light to:
- Outdoor Kitchens
- BBQ Areas
- Seating Areas
Adding lights to your outdoor spaces is like adding another room to your home or office. This form of lighting should be:
- Weather and Element Tested- The fixtures for outdoor entertainment lighting have different parts to help protect them from the elements.
- Not too bright nor too dim- Ambient lighting is the best tool for outdoor entertainment. This lighting is often layered so you can see your company, but not create a glare.
Feature lighting involves adding lighting to:
- Architectural Features
- Garden Features
- Water Fountains and Features
For feature lighting, lighting focuses on favorite areas and features of your yard, garden or patio. Feature lighting should be:
- Focused on the features you like, usually lit from the bottom or crossed lit by different light sources.
- Bright enough to show off your favorite features, but not so bright they take away from the effect or cause dangerous shadows.
Professional Lighting Experts Virginia Beach Can Trust
No matter what area of your home you choose to light up this summer, Nipper Electric can help. We are licensed and professional electricians that can service all of your electrical and lighting needs. Remember there is no job too big or too small for Nipper Electric to handle. Call us today at 757-842-1710 or make an appointment online, we’ll have you outside all summer long!