The holidays are a great time of year to get together with friends and family. Consider inspecting your plumbing as you get your home ready for your guests and holiday events. If you find a problem with the plumbing in your Fort Worth, TX home, then contact Clearwater Plumbers to have it fixed right away.
- Make sure the right things go into your garbage disposal. Avoid throwing things like turkey bones, potato peels, pasta, coffee grounds, and eggshells down your garbage disposal. It is essential to use cold water while you run your disposal, so it doesn’t overheat
- Listen for noises coming from your plumbing system. Noises could be a sign that you need to have your pipes inspected. Sometimes these noises in pipes sound like gurgling banging or creaking.
- If your toilet gurgles or has the smell of sewage coming from it, then you could have a sewer line problem. One of the best ways to tell if your main sewer line is clogged is if all your drains have issues. Contact us to have your sewer line and drains inspected right away if you think you have a clog in your main sewer line. Every minute counts if there is a problem with your sewer line leaking.
- Check your wash machine and dishwasher to make sure that the water lines running to them are not corroded.
- Test the water coming out of your water heater to make sure there is no discoloration, metallic taste, or odor. If you have a tank water heater, these could be the signs of corrosion.
- If you have sinks that regularly clogged because of hair, food, or other debris, install screens in the drains of the sinks so that you can throw away the waste instead of washing it down the sink
- Do a walk-through of your house to make sure that all the pipes are well-insulated, and nothing is leaking or corroded.
If you want assistance inspecting your plumbing this holiday season contact Clearwater Plumbers.