Preparing for Hurricane Season with Electrical Safety
It’s almost that time of year again. The Virginia Beach area Hurricane Season lasts from June 1st to December 1st. If you want your home to be safe and prepared for any storms, then Nipper Electric has the experience to keep you safe. We are a family owned business that has been providing Virginia Beach trusted electrical services for over 18 years. Some of the ways we can help you prepare or recover during hurricane season are:
- Generator Installations
- Inspections on Wiring and Electrical
- Upgrades to Wiring
- Solar Panel Installations
- Weatherhead Inspections and Repairs
- Electrical Circuit Repairs, Inspections and Upgrades
- Panel Upgrades
- Protection from Electrical Backfeed
- Energy Measurements
- Surge Protectors
The experienced and skilled staff at Nipper Electric can handle all your hurricane season preparations. Let us show you how to make your home stronger for the upcoming months.
Get Ready, Get Set…
This year’s hurricane season has started early and it is predicted to be a strong one. So how do you get ready for the next six months of strong weather? Nipper Electric has some tips to get you and your home or office electrical prepared for whatever may come.
- Get a Check Up– May is the perfect time to have a thorough check up of your electrical system. Winter can damage electrical wiring or equipment. From your weatherhead to your wiring and everything in between, make sure your home’s electrical is up to date and standing strong. Look at:
- Wiring– Are the wires strong and running without frays or damage?
- Electrical Panels-Are your electrical panels up to date? Do you have enough power to carry your electrical load? Have Nipper Electric measure your electrical use to make sure you aren’t overpowering your panel.
- Outside Wear and Tear– Have an electrician look at your outside electrical to see what might need repair. Pay special attention to areas like the weatherhead, conduits and outside wiring.
- Power Sources – Having a secondary source of power is always a great idea, but during hurricane season, it could mean the difference between life and death. If you have someone in your family that relies on electricity to power medical devices or treatments, you should look into:
- Solar Power – Solar power panels are very aerodynamic and don’t have a lot of moving parts. Though this doesn’t make them indestructible, it does make them durable. Produced solar power can also be stored for emergencies.
- Generators– Generators are a great addition to any home or business for regular power failures or lowering energy costs. In a storm, a generator can help you stay safe and comfortable. Be sure a professional electrician installs the generator a safe distance from the house to avoid carbon monoxide issues.
- Alarms– Fire and Carbon Monoxide alarms are especially important for Hurricane season. The threat of fire or carbon monoxide poisoning rises during power outages. Make sure your alarms are working and ready for the season. If you don’t have one, get a combination alarm installed right away.
Rest Assured with Professional Help
Virginia Beach is a beautiful place to work, play and live, especially during summer. Don’t let hurricane season slow you down. Nipper Electric has the tools and experience needed to make your home or business ready for hurricane season. Call us today at 757-842-1710 or make an appointment online. We’ll take care of the preparations while you get out and enjoy all the Virginia Beach has to offer.