Drain & Sewer Line Cleaning in Fort Worth
There are a variety of reasons you may need to call a plumber, and a clogged drain is among one of the biggest. There are some jobs that store-bought drain cleaners just can’t—and shouldn’t—handle as it can do more harm to your drain and sewer line than good. To effectively unclog a drain, you want to contact the top-notch team here at ClearWater Plumbers. We can handle any drain cleaning task that comes our way, no matter how big or small. Do what you otter, call ClearWater!
Remember, anything that fits down a drain will clog it, as any homeowner with a child under the age of 5 likely knows all too well. You’d be amazed at what some of our plumbers have found in residential bathrooms: anything from toys, books, stuffed animals, and even clothing. The bathroom isn’t the only place that is prone to clogs though. Food is a major offender to kitchen sink drains. The good news is that we have the tools and expertise to clean out any clogged drain or sewer line.
When Do You Need Drain Cleaning?
Drain cleaning is typically needed when there is a blockage or obstruction in your plumbing system that prevents water from flowing smoothly through the pipes.
Here are some signs that indicate you may need drain cleaning:
- Slow Draining: If water is slow to drain from sinks, showers, tubs, or other fixtures, it may indicate a partial blockage in the pipes.
- Foul Odors: Unpleasant smells emanating from drains could be a sign of accumulated debris or food particles in the pipes.
- Gurgling Noises: Gurgling sounds when water is draining may be an indication of a blockage or air trapped in the pipes.
- Multiple Clogged Fixtures: If several fixtures (sinks, toilets, showers) are experiencing drainage issues simultaneously, there may be a blockage in the main sewer line.
- Water Backing Up: Water backing up into sinks, tubs, or showers is a clear sign of a blockage.
- Fruit Flies or Insects: Presence of fruit flies or other insects near drains may indicate decomposing organic matter in the pipes.
- Toilet Issues: Difficulty flushing, water rising to the bowl's rim, or gurgling sounds when flushing could suggest a blockage in the toilet drain.
- Visible Blockages: If you can see a buildup of hair, soap scum, or other debris near the drain opening, it's a clear sign that cleaning is needed.
- Recurring Clogs: If you frequently experience clogs despite efforts to clear them, it may indicate a more significant issue within the plumbing system.
- Pooling Water: Water pooling around floor drains or in the basement could signify a blockage in the main sewer line.
Regular maintenance, such as using drain guards, avoiding putting grease and large debris down drains, and periodic professional inspections, can help prevent serious drainage issues.
If you notice any of these signs, it's advisable to address the problem promptly to prevent further damage and maintain the proper functioning of your plumbing system.
Consulting with a professional plumber for a thorough inspection and appropriate solutions is often recommended.
What are the Benefits of Hydro-Jetting?
Hydro-jetting is a highly effective and efficient method for cleaning and clearing clogged or blocked drains and sewer lines.
Here are some of the key benefits of hydro-jetting:
- Powerful Cleaning Action: Hydro-jetting uses high-pressure water to blast away debris, sediment, grease, and other blockages from the interior walls of pipes. The force of the water can effectively break up and remove even stubborn obstructions.
- Thorough Cleaning: Hydro-jetting is known for its thoroughness. It can clean the entire diameter of the pipe, ensuring that the walls are free from any buildup or residue. This helps in preventing future clogs and maintaining optimal flow.
- Versatility: Hydro-jetting is suitable for a variety of drain and sewer line materials, including PVC, metal, and clay. It can be used in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
- Environmentally Friendly: Hydro-jetting is an environmentally friendly method of drain cleaning as it does not involve the use of harsh chemicals. It relies on the power of water to clean and clear pipes.
- Effective Grease Removal: Grease buildup is a common cause of drain clogs. Hydro-jetting is particularly effective at breaking down and removing grease deposits from the walls of pipes.
- Safe for Pipes: When performed by trained professionals, hydro-jetting is a safe method for cleaning pipes. The high-pressure water is directed with precision to avoid causing damage to the pipes.
- Long-lasting Results: The thorough cleaning provided by hydro-jetting can offer long-lasting results, reducing the frequency of clogs and the need for frequent maintenance.
- Removal of Tree Roots: Hydro-jetting can effectively clear out tree roots that may have infiltrated sewer lines, preventing further damage and blockages.
- Improves Pipe Longevity: Regular hydro-jetting can contribute to the longevity of your plumbing system by preventing the buildup of debris and reducing wear and tear on pipes.
- Cost-Effective: While hydro-jetting may have an upfront cost, its long-term effectiveness and the reduction in the frequency of drain and sewer line issues can make it a cost-effective solution over time.
It's important to note that hydro-jetting should be performed by trained professionals to ensure safety and optimal results. Additionally, it may not be suitable for all situations, so a thorough assessment of the plumbing system is recommended before deciding on this method of drain cleaning.
Comprehensive Drain Cleaning Services
Only professional plumbers will have the tools necessary to adequately clean and clear your drains and sewer line. Professional sewer drain cleaning starts with using video pipe inspection to find the root of the problem, and then using the appropriate professional–grade drain openers or hydro–jetting services to get the job done.
Clogged up drains or sewer lines can be caused by anything from sludge build up, hair, grease, or paper to natural wear–and–tear and age, in addition to tree roots or shifting soil. Invite our staff to take a look and learn why we’ve received the excellent reputation we have for plumbing repair and installation services throughout Fort Worth, TX and surrounding communities.
State–of–the–Art Technology to Unclog Drains and Sewer Lines
Effectively clearing your drains and sewer line is about so much more than just applying some store bought drain cleaner and calling it a day. Our team is comprised of licensed drain cleaning experts, specializing in all residential and commercial drains with services such as:
- Hydro–Jetting: This is a method we use that involved applying a blast of water at a high pressure to the inside of your pipes to remove blockages and build–up.
- Sink Drain Cleaning: We will ensure that there is not a problem with your sink disposal unit, and will appropriately diagnose and fix the cause of your sink drain clog.
- Shower Drain Cleaning: From hair to soap scum build–up, your shower drain goes through a lot. Our team has the tools and training to resolve your shower drain clog issues.
Whatever is stuck and wherever it’s stuck at, we can help keep the drains in your home running smoothly. Our drain and sewer cleaning services include tackling the toughest of clogs in any type of drain, including:
- Bathroom and Kitchen Sinks
- Basement, Shower and Floor Drains
- Septic Tanks
- Tubs, Showers, and Toilets
- Garbage Disposals
- Sewer Lines