Garbage Disposal Repair, Replacement & Installation Fort Worth
Disposer Options We Have In Stock
ClearWater Plumbers is happy to service residents of the Fort Worth area with their garbage disposal needs. Whether your disposer needs repair, a clog cleared, or a new one needs to be installed…we are here to help! Contact us to book a professional and high-quality plumber today.
Garbage Disposal Repair
Sometimes garbage disposals quit working. You could have something stuck in your disposal or it just won’t grind up food any longer. If you can’t get your disposal to work, it becomes a nuisance in your kitchen sink. Every time you run water down the drain it can backup or cause a slow drain that is disruptive. We are happy to work on your garbage disposal and clear a clog, repair a part, or replace it if needed.
Garbage Disposal Replacement in Fort Worth
If you need garbage disposal replacement services, then you either want an upgrade, or the one you have isn’t repairable. You may just want a bigger disposal for your home! If your garbage disposal is more than 12 years old, consider a replacement soon.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Garbage Disposal:
- If you must reset your disposer often, this can be a sign the motor is becoming weak
- If it takes longer to grind up food, it can mean it can no longer handle the workload
- If the disposer is leaking, it is time to replace
- If the motor on disposer is dead, it is time to replace the entire disposer
- If you have constant clogs, consider getting a bigger disposer
ClearWater Plumbers stocks three different types of garbage disposers on the trucks. We offer choices and provide solutions for all your garbage disposal needs.
Garbage Disposal Installation
ClearWater Plumbers works with clients that own older homes without garbage disposals and who are in the process of building a home and need installation services. We can help you decide on the type of garbage disposal you want in your home and make sure it works well once it is installed. We can also check your new garbage disposal during your annual or semi-annual plumbing check-up.
Helpful Tips for Your Garbage Disposal:
- Holidays are hard on a garbage disposal. Barbeques, turkeys, and pumpkins all do a number on a garbage disposal and cause many phone calls for repair or replacement services.
- If you cook rice or pasta, be sure to empty the leftovers into the trash can. Rice and pasta can expand in your garbage disposal and further down the drain aiding in a clog.
- Oil, fat, and butter are all things that solidify or gum up the walls of pipes. Consider having a jar or container to store used cooking greases by your sink. Placing it by your sink helps people remember to safely store it in the container instead of down the drain.
- Only put small amounts of food into your running garbage disposal.
- Run cold water into your garbage disposal before, during, and after you grind up food.
- Avoid placing fibrous foods into your garbage disposal. This includes poultry, potato peels, some fruit peels, and celery.
- Consider a small, sealed, compost bucket by your sink for raw vegetables, coffee grounds, eggshells, and peels.