Staying Safe for the Holidays With Simple Precautions
The holidays are a time for gifts and celebrations. Unfortunately, among all the festive parties and kindness, the holiday season is also a time of increased crime. Shoppers are distracted or feeling generous. Criminals are either desperate for funds or just taking advantage of the season. Nipper Electric wants to help keep the Virginia Beach area safe. We offer the following services to help protect your family, home or business.
- Outdoor Security Lighting
- Lighting Upgrades
- Alarm Installations
- Parking Lot and Exit/Entry Way Lighting
- Energy Efficient Security Options
Your continued safety is important to Nipper Electric, so we’re also going to share some security tips.
Keep Your Holiday Safe
A happy holiday season shouldn’t include dealing with theft or loss. These tips will help you avoid being a victim of seasonal crime.
- Don’t Go It Alone – Shop in groups or at least in pairs. Groups of people are less likely to be targeted by muggers.
- Be Aware- Even if you are with a group, stay away of your surroundings. Know where you are and where you are going.
- Be Ready – Have your keys out and ready to open your car or home. Walk with a purpose.
- Park Safe – Try to park in well-lit areas and avoid parking next to vans or trucks with darkly tinted windows.
- Pack Away Packages – Don’t leave your shopping out put it in your trunk or at least under seats.
- Safe Online Shopping – Be careful where you shop online. Look for better business bureau, use sites you trust, look for SSL locks on the site, don’t give away extra information like birth dates or social security numbers, double check your statements.
Holiday Homes and Businesses
- Keep It Lit – A well-lit home is a safe home. Criminals avoid areas where they can be seen. This also goes for businesses, keep entranceways and exits lit. Don’t forget to install sensors.
- Lock Up- Don’t forget to lock your car, office or garage. Often we get distracted during the holidays, double check locking everything.
- Set the Alarm – If you don’t have an alarm, get one installed. They are quick and easy to set up and can keep you and your family safe all year long. Use your trusted electrician in the Virginia Beach Area.
- Alarm Systems Secrets – Keep your alarm codes private. Don’t text, email or write out codes. Memorize your codes and don’t give codes out, except to trusted family or neighbors.
- Package Pickup – Don’t leave packages outside. If you have packages coming and can’t be there when they arrive, find someone who can get them for you. You can also pick up the packages yourself, instead of having them delivered.
- Package Protection – Just like you don’t want to leave packages out in your car, you don’t want to leave them in sight at home. Put away packages, even wrapped ones where they can’t be seen from windows.
- Home Away Protection – Have your alarms set and lights on a timer when you are away. Some programs can change the times you lights go on and off.
Stay Happy This Holiday
Nipper Electric loves the holiday season and the Virginia Beach area. Even more than that we are grateful for the opportunity to serve the amazing citizens in our area and keep you safe. If you need any help with alarms or lighting to keep your holiday happy and safe, call us at 757-842-1710 or just schedule an appointment online.