Instant hot water is a luxury many enjoy, but installing a tankless water heater can be expensive. If you have a standard water heater, there is a way to get instant hot water without making a significant investment.
A hot water recirculation pump is a device that circulates hot water through your pipes. This means that when you turn on a hot water faucet, you will get hot water immediately without waiting for the water to heat up.
Recirculation pumps are relatively easy to install. Most systems come with all of the necessary hardware, and installation can be done in a few hours. Once the pump is installed, you will need to set a timer. The timer will turn on the pump regularly, circulating the hot water through your pipes.
Recirculation pumps can save you money on your energy bills. When you use hot water, the water heater heats up the tank. If you don’t use the hot water immediately, it will cool down. With a recirculation pump, the hot water is circulated through the pipes, so it stays hot, and you don’t have to wait to heat up.
Recirculation pumps can also save you time. If you have ever had to wait for hot water to come out of the faucet, you know how frustrating it can be. With a recirculation pump, you will get hot water immediately, so you can take a shower, wash your hands, or do whatever else you need to do without waiting.
If you are looking for a way to get instant hot water without having to make a major investment, a hot water recirculation pump is a great option. Recirculation pumps are easy to install, they can save you money on your energy bills, and they can save you time.
Here are some things to keep in mind when considering a hot water recirculation pump:
- The size of your home. The size of your home will determine the size of the recirculation pump you need. If you have a large home, you will need a larger pump.
- The number of bathrooms. If you have multiple bathrooms, you will need a larger pump. The number of bathrooms in your home will also determine the size of the recirculation pump you need.
- The type of water heater you have. You will not need a recirculation pump if you have a tankless water heater. However, a recirculation pump can be a great way to get instant hot water if you have a standard water heater.
- The cost of the pump. The cost of a recirculation pump will vary depending on the size of the pump and the features of the pump.
- The installation cost. The cost of installing a recirculation pump will vary depending on the size of the pump and the complexity of the installation.
If you are considering a hot water recirculation pump, be sure to do your research and talk to an expert at ClearWater Plumbers today plumber to find the best option for your home.