If your home in Fort Worth has hard water problems, then you might have heard of a water softener. A water softener helps get rid of the minerals in your water that make it a nuisance.
The Effects of Hard Water
When minerals like calcium and magnesium are in your tap water, they can cause buildup on just about everything. Over time, this buildup can do everything from making it difficult to clean your dishes, to destroying your pipes. You may also notice that your hair and skin don’t feel soft when you use hard water. Laundry can fade easier, and you may have to use more soap to get everything in your home clean.
Softening the Water
A water softener removes calcium, magnesium, iron, and manganese. The water softener then traps the minerals in the tank and releases the water treated with sodium ions. This process is called ion exchange.
The Benefits of a Water Softener:
- Everything feels cleaner, and you won’t have to use as much soap.
- Your bathroom and kitchen are easier to clean. Hard water stains will not show up any longer!
- Clothing will last longer because the hard water won’t be as rough on the fabric.
- You will save money on everything, from cleaning supplies to plumbing repairs.
- If your water tastes or smells bad because of hard water, the taste and smell should be that of regular tap water.
- Your water pressure may go up!
- You won’t’ see watermarks on your dishes, faucets, or other shiny fixtures.
- Your skin and hair will start to feel softer.
- You may see your energy bills decrease because there isn’t’ as much mineral buildup in your pipes.
If you think a water softener will help solve your problems with minerals in your tap water, contact Clear Water Plumbing for help deciding on the right water softener for your Fort Worth home this fall! Our team can help you choose on the right unit and install it, answering your questions every step of the way.